Tuesday 18 October 2011

A River Runs Through It

On a recent trip to France we crossed over a little river called La Femme du Tete Perdu, which my limited grasp of French translates as the woman who lost her head.  Very apposite, I thought, as since the move I have lost just about everything, including my head, but I have managed to find my laptop and although Virgin and BT are still having a standoff with each other and we have no internet service, I hope that normal blogging service will resume shortly.

In the meantime I've been busy reading - Transgressions by Sarah Dunant I found unsympathetic and gratuitous, but I'm LOVING Black Swan Green by David Mitchell -- the man's a God. There's much to learn from them both (characterisation, detail, integrity) and learning about writing through reading is almost as good as writing itself.

1 comment: